Hair transplants are promoted as the best permanent solution to hair loss. However, they may not be as reliable a solution as many of their promoters would like you to believe. In order to get the best results from a hair transplant, you not only need to take proper care of your transplant, but also you need to be the “right” kind of bald.
The success of a hair transplant depends largely on the surgeon performing the transplant and the extent of the surgery. Your odds for success increase when you use head hair and do not have to cover the entire scalp. Most people who are prescreened for their hair transplants and carefully follow the directions of their doctor experience at least some success. In the best cases, even hair stylists cannot distinguish between the transplanted hair and the natural growth.
Consider the recommendations below before choosing the right hair transplant doctor.
- Choose a doctor that specializes in hair transplant surgery instead of a plastic surgeon that specializes in many other procedures besides surgical hair restoration. A full service plastic surgeon most likely performs less than a dozen hair transplant procedures a year. However, a doctor and medical team that specializes in only hair transplants has probably performed 1,000s and has seen enough patients to know the factors that distinguish between just a good hair transplant, and a great one.
- Choose a doctor that will perform follicular unit hair transplantation with grafts dissected under a microscope. Follicular units are groups of hair that grow naturally together in 1 to 4 hair groups, and also contain oil glands, nerves, and muscle. Follicular units are the standard today by which hair transplant doctors use to recreate natural looking hair. Hair grafts cannot get any smaller than follicular units.
- Choose a doctor that does not talk negatively about his competitors. Hair transplantation has become highly competitive and many clinics and doctors will engage in negative discussions to steer potential clients away from their competitors. A true professional will let his practice and experience speak for themselves. A doctor that reduces himself to insulting other clinics does not have a professional nature.
- Choose a doctor that tells you just the facts without the sales pressure and is not afraid to tell you that unrealistic goals cannot be met and you may need more then one procedure to achieve the new look you desire. Avoid choosing a doctor that agrees with everything you say, that is an oversell approach that will lead to disappointment later on.
- Choose a doctor who has satisfied all of your questions and concerns without sending up any red flags in the back of your mind. Often, patients have follow up questions to their consultations or think of new questions after the consultation. Clinics and doctors should understand this and be patient in answering your questions. Be wary of clinics that avoid answers to hard and uncomfortable questions, or talk in circles around such hard questions.
The Hughes Center
The Hughes Center is one of the best clinics that met the criteria above. It serves Hair Transplant New Jersey with professional doctors and good quality services. It also offers Botox in Philadelphia and Liposuction in Philadelphia.
The benefits of Hair Transplant New Jersey at Hughes Center are least invasive procedure of its kind, no Scalpel Incision, no Sutures, no scarring, large areas in a single session, fastest recovery time ‚”next day”, of any surgical option, reduces the need for additional procedures, and the last is reduces overall costs of manual FUE procedures.
BOTOX is known to effectively stop the contraction of the muscles that cause wrinkles to form. Dr. Hughes has over 28 year of experience with BOTOX, and recommends that patients who wish to continue treatment receive new injections every 3 months.
If you would like to learn more about Hair Transplant New Jersey, Botox in Philadelphia, and Liposuction in Philadelphia, you can ask a consultation with facial cosmetic surgeon Dr. Susan Hughes. Or you can call the Hughes Center for Aesthetic Medicine at (888) 929-4676 to schedule your appointment.